Can An Immigrant Get Tax Returns from IRD

Can Immigrants Get Tax Returns From IRD?

Can Immigrants Get Tax Returns From IRD?

Yes! You can. If you're new to New Zealand, chances are, you may have a foreign passport (or hold a resident, work or student visa or Australian passport) but not an IRD number. Which is still legible to help you get your tax refunds back. Just provide your resident visa along with your passport and you can get an IRD number too, possibly within two to four days as that is the norm by IRD timings. After which, we will file you your part-year individual tax returns.

How much do we cost?

 ✔ A flat 15% of your refund amount, and a maximum of up to $399 only.
 ✔ No charge for ID verification.
 ✔ No charge for PTS if No Tax Refunds.

Some tax tips for new arrivals to New Zealand

 ✔ Apply online for an IRD number as soon as possible. It makes a huge difference as you will avoid having to pay tax at higher rates and avoid any unnecessary hassle.

 ✔ Set up a family trust. New Zealand has great schemes for family trusts. This is even more applicable if you have substantial assets in New Zealand.

 ✔ Don’t depend solely on IRD for advice. This is largely because it technically is not their job to give advice, although they do try to assist as much as they can. It is best to seek help from accountants or tax agencies since they have more info on international borders tax.

I have a question that's not covered here.

That's okay. Just apply or login and send us an email. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

More About Taxes

Travellers ' Tax Returns | Your Refund Limited

Travellers' Tax Returns

Planning on going abroad? Maybe you're already there? As long as you are a Kiwi resident or non-resident for tax purposes, you can work out if you are due any tax refunds from the IRD. Let's find out if you can claim tax returns.

Information In Safe Hands | Your Refund Limited

Information In Safe Hands

In addition to obligations under the Privacy Act 1993, we also comply with ISO 27000 for added responsibilities to adhere to, and so far, we have feel we are the only ones to be a ISO Certified in New Zealand, but we could be wrong.

Tax Year vs. Calendar Year | Your Refund Limited

Tax Year vs. Calendar Year

As an individual taxpayer, the one you should be concerned about is the personal financial year which begins on 1st April and ends on 31st March (the following year). Why these dates? Because it is relevant to your tax returns.

Your IRD Number | Your Refund Limited

Your IRD Number

Kiwis are often issued a unique IRD number at birth itself – and the IRD makes it really is easy to get one, online or in person. This 8 or 9 digit number will last you your lifetime they say. But what is it exactly? Amd what for?