Personal Tax Summary

Personal Tax Summary | Your Refund NZ

My Personal Tax Summary

The details of all your income and tax deductions over the course of a financial year are filed under a Personal Tax Summary, or PTS in short. These details are based on the information that the IRD has with them.

It let's you know if you:

  ✔    are due a refund.

  ✔    need to pay more tax.

How to request a PTS?

Apply with us and we'll file one for you if required. If so, we help you file it and then you simply check that all the information is correct. And if required to make changes, all you have to do is:

  ✔    log into Your Refund account; or

  ✔    drop us an email.

In most cases, you will definitely need to file a PTS if your conditions are any of the following:

  ✔    you received Working for Families Tax Credits and earned over $36,350 from the 2013 tax year onwards.
  ✔    you received Working for Families Tax Credits and earned over $36,827 for the 2010 to 2012 tax years.
  ✔    you received Working for Families Tax Credits and earned over $35,914 for the 2009 tax year.
  ✔    you used an incorrect tax code.
  ✔    you used a special tax code.
  ✔    you earn more than $200 and used a Casual Agricultural Employee (CAE) or an Election Day Worker (EDW) tax code.
  ✔    you received single income as an IR56 taxpayer.
  ✔    you had a Student Loan from 1 April 2012 to present and had either $1,500 or more of adjusted net income.
  ✔    you didn’t have enough money deducted from your salary, wage or benefit income.

I have a question that's not covered here.

That's okay. Just apply or login and send us an email. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

More About Taxes

Travellers ' Tax Returns | Your Refund Limited

Travellers' Tax Returns

Planning on going abroad? Maybe you're already there? As long as you are a Kiwi resident or non-resident for tax purposes, you can work out if you are due any tax refunds from the IRD. Let's find out if you can claim tax returns.

Immigrants' Tax Returns | Your Refund Limited

Immigrants' Tax Returns

If you're new to New Zealand, chances are, you may have a foreign passport, or hold a resident, work or student visa or an Australian passport - but not an IRD number. Yet, you are still legible to apply for your tax refunds from IRD.

Seasonal Workers | Your Refund Limited

Seasonal Workers

Seasonal workers are individuals willing to work on short notice - these can be overseas visitors, students, part-timers, etc. - and can range from agriculture to industries, to recreational jobs and more. But do they have tax returns?

Tax Year vs. Calendar Year | Your Refund Limited

Tax Year vs. Calendar Year

As an individual taxpayer, the one you should be concerned about is the personal financial year which begins on 1st April and ends on 31st March (the following year). Why these dates? Because it is relevant to your tax returns.